For the past 10 days, I have been stuck at home, self-quarantining because of the COVID-19 outbreak, and wondering what to do. Something that I like to do when I am bored is to cook and, of course, bake. So, what did I make this time? Oreo chocolate chip cookies! Because, Oreo cookies and plain chocolate chip cookies aren’t enough, right? They can be, but not this time.
Earlier this week I shared some things you can do while staying home, one of them was trying a new recipe! So this is your chance! I have shared a few recipes with you all in the past, even one for dark brown sugar oatmeal cookies! This Oreo chocolate chip cookie recipe is delicious and the cookies come out of the oven full of flavor! Here’s how to make them!
Ingredients for Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) of Butter (room temperature)
- 85 grams (3 ounces) of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 325 grams (2 2/3 cup) of Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) of Granulated Sugar
- 70 grams of (1/3 cup) of Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar (I used dark brown for mine)
- 1 Large Egg (room temperature)
- 12-15 Oreos (smashed into small pieces)
- 85 grams (1/2 cup) of Dark Chocolate or Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl or in a stand mixer, add your butter, cream cheese, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly until it is smooth. I used dark brown sugar because that is what I had in my pantry; however, this recipe is also great if you use light brown sugar.
- Once your mixture is smooth, add in your large egg and the vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add your flour mixture into your butter mixture in batches. Mix everything and make sure that there are no pockets of flour.
- Add your chocolate and your broken Oreos. I like to smash the Oreos just enough so that you can still have chunks of Oreo in the cookie as opposed to having crumbs. You can smash them to your preference.
- Once everything is well combined, cover the Oreo chocolate chip cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven for 175°C (350°F)
- After 30 minutes have passed, take out the cookie dough from the fridge and use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to make small-medium-sized scoops. Place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. The cookies can spread so make sure to leave some space around them.
- Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until they get golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you take them off the baking sheet and enjoy!
These Oreo chocolate chip cookies are super easy to make. I like adding the cream cheese for a more “cookies and cream” or “cheesecake” effect. You can make the recipe in so many different ways and substitute ingredients for your personal favorites.
I hope you try out this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do! I also hope you are all staying healthy and indoors during this time! Help the time go by faster while indulging in these delicious cookies!
Let me know how they turn out!