Staying at home is something that a lot of people enjoy doing – not just home-bodies, but most of the general population. They all want to have a day where they do nothing. Just chill on the couch, wear comfy clothes, binge-watch TV shows/movies, not worry about putting on makeup, and pig-out on all kinds of junk. However, what do you do when you are stuck at home for more than just one day while you are strongly advised to stay indoors? I have come up with an at-home survival guide full of things to do while staying home!
Things have been crazy in the world recently, as many have noticed. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has taken over more than 150 countries (so far) in the world. It is officially a global pandemic. Many countries are STRONGLY advising people to stay at home and not leave unless absolutely necessary. Stores and malls are closing or are already closed leaving only grocery stores and pharmacies open.
You never really notice how much you want to go out or socialize with people until you are told not to. So, how do you survive while staying at home or while you are self-quarantining? Here are some things you can do – don’t worry, I’ve mixed in some relaxing, productive, and entertaining things so there’s something for everyone!
Relaxing Things to Do While Staying Home
- Make a dessert or try a new recipe
- Make a homemade face mask
- Catch up on some TV series
- Watch a documentary
- Write in a journal
Productive Things to Do While Staying Home
- Do a home workout – since most gyms are closed, home workouts are key to staying fit!
- Organize and declutter your home
- Clean and disinfect your home – perfect time to get a head start on spring cleaning
- Meal prep for the week
- Get ahead or catch up on any projects you’re working on
- Update your resume
Entertaining Things to Do While Staying Home
- Learn a new language or freshen up on one you’ve learned before
- Read a book
- Play board games with your family
- Download computer games or play some with your friends online
- Listen to a podcast – try out this one for health and wellness!
- FaceTime your friends/family
Do What’s Most Important
During this time, it’s most important to stay home and as much as possible. Whether you take any of the above ideas or not, make sure to protect yourself and others by washing your hands, avoiding touching your face, and thoroughly sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces around you.
This at-home survival guide isn’t only ideal for dealing with this pandemic, but it’s also for days when you have nothing to do – when we will all get through this coronavirus.
Stay safe, healthy, stay indoors, and avoid boredom as much as possible!
Let me know what you’re doing while staying at home!